SOCW 3002 Study of Human Behavior and the Social Environment Discussion
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Discussion 1 (A): Introduction
Each individual comes into this course from their own unique background and with their own unique experiences. It is these backgrounds and experiences that affect an individual’s view and interaction with the world. For this Discussion, you look at the background and experiences of yourself and your colleagues as they relate to your understanding of human behavior. The purpose of understanding human behavior and the social environment is to help understand patterns in person-environment transactions over time. For this Discussion, consider the elements influential to your understanding of human behavior.
By Day 3
- Courses, training, or work experience that add to your understanding of human behavior
- Discussion 1 (B): Study of Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Individuals emerge from many diverse cultures, backgrounds, groups, and communities. Also, some may face many challenges including inequalities and issues with social injustices over their life span. It is important for social workers to have an understanding of the reasons why people behave the way they do. Understanding how individuals behave in interaction with the environment will assist social workers in shedding light on how they respond to their challenges. However, that alone is not enough. Social workers must possess knowledge and skills necessary for conceptualizing and understanding the interaction between individuals and social contextual variables. Understanding the interactions between the social environment and individual behavior will help achieve the well-being of your clients.For this Discussion, you examine your current understanding of human behavior in the social environment. You also examine the role of social workers.
- Post a response to the following questions:
- What did you know about the study of human behavior in the social environment prior to this class or before reviewing the course readings?
- What role do you think social workers have in understanding human behavior in the social environment?
- Either add evidence to support the relevance of each role or respectfully offer a contrasting perspective about each role.