Social Inequalities in The American Society Question
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Directions: Answer 5 of the 7 short answer questions. This analysis should be approximately 3-4 pages long (20 points). Include a works cited page at the end of all your answers. Your final product should be approximately 5-6 pages in length for both answers (I suggest 3-4 pages for Question 5 and 1-2 total for the short answer questions.), plus ONE works cited page with the sources for all your answers (not included in page count). Any Extra Credit goes at the very end.
ANSWER 5 OUT OF 7 SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS (3-6 sentences each):
- Define the term “social inequalities” and explain why it is an important concept in sociology.
- Explain “intersectionality” and how it expands on classical theories. Give 2 examples from the films and readings.
- Explain the concept of “class” and how class affects a person’s life chances. What are the various classes in America?
- Explain how race is socially constructed in America. What is the history of race in America?
- How does American racial formation affect a person’s life chances with respect to privilege, labor markets and the prison system? Give 2 examples from the films and readings.
- How has the US racial formation changed since 1965 with the effects of immigration and colorblind racism? Give 2 examples from the films and readings.
- How is gender socially constructed? How does gender differ from sex
- INTERSECTIONAL ANALYSIS OF ONE UNIT 5 ISSUE: Choose one of the issues mentioned in Unit 5: educational inequalities, environmental inequalities, or health inequalities. Use the class readings and films to perform an intersectional analysis of the issue. Find at least 1 news article to provide more recent data about the issue. You should also find at least ONE other academic source from the UCSD library databases to support your analysis. Your response should briefly define the issue, give a brief overview of the history, intersectionally analyze the issue in US society today, and provide your recommendation for how to change public policy to reduce this inequality (include a brief suggestion of how you would get your policy proposal accepted). (3-4 pages plus Works Cited page
- Watch Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom: A Legacy Brought to Life on Netflix. Write a paragraph about how they illustrate the social inequalities discussed in this class?on google?