Social Categories and Stratification Essay
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
You will create this assignment following the Assignment Detail instructions below.
Review the tutorial How to Submit an Individual Project.
We all develop feelings and attitudes toward people, groups, and institutions in our environment. Often, we are unaware of these attitudes and feelings. In your intellipath® lessons for the unit, you read about implicit bias and a recent test (the Implicit Association Test [IAT]) that was developed to measure this.
For this paper, you will complete 1 of the IATs available, and you will answer some questions about the experience (see below). There is no need to prepare for the test. Keep in mind that there are no right or wrong answers. Watch this video for help with completing the assignment.
- Take the test here: IAT. In case you need it, here is some Navigation Help for the Test.
- Then, write a paper to respond to each of the following assignment questions. Your response to each question should be 1–2 paragraphs and supported with examples or information from the textbook or intellipath.
- Describe the difference between implicit and explicit biases.
- Discuss how you believe people develop implicit biases. Be sure to consider social constructs and socialization.
- Describe the purpose and process of the IAT, why you believe this process was used, and your overall thoughts and experience on taking the test.
- If implicit attitudes are subconscious, how do you think such negative implicit attitudes can be reduced?