SLSP 5360 London Lecture 3 Disrupt Inequalities in Representation Essay
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
-Answer ONE Question-
- Through visual analysis of concrete examples from the media (e.g., humanitarian adverts, television news, photojournalism images) discuss how visual representations of distant suffering perpetuate inequalities.
- How are gender inequalities created and maintained in the Cultural and Creative Industries? Discuss with reference to concrete examples and theoretical approaches.
- In what ways the creative and cultural industries reproduce and reinforce inequalities in relation to race?
- Discuss how and why the human rights regime has failed to adequately address soaring socio-economic inequalities.
- Using concrete examples from the media, discuss how media representations of refugees articulate and reproduce inequalities in relation to race and/or gender?
- How is the “us vs them” dichotomy represented in news media reporting on war? Use examples to illustrate your points.
- Choose two comics. Discuss how representations of the Other contribute or disrupt inequalities in representation.
- How do stereotypes and inequalities in relation to race operate in Hollywood films? Use examples to illustrate your points.
- To what extent can we say advertising steeped in racism?