PSYC 6731 Psychology Behavioral Modification Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
In order to determine the most effective method for modifying behavior, it is important to first understand why the individual is performing that behavior. A behavior may serve different purposes. For instance, one child may throw a tantrum in order to gain attention from those nearby, while another child might throw a tantrum to be sent away and avoid interacting with those same people. Accurately determining the motivation behind a behavior (Its function) is critical in developing effective interventions.
Part of determining the motivation behind a behavior requires the analysis of both what precedes the behavior, and what follows. Identifying these antecedents and outcomes is a critical step in accurately assessing the functions of a behavior and determining effective interventions.
For this Assignment, you will delve further into functional assessment by identifying antecedents and outcomes of a particular behavior in your life.
- Select a behavior in your life.
- Identify antecedents to that behavior and outcomes of engaging in that behavior.
- Describe the behavior you chose from your personal life experience.
- Explain the antecedents of the behavior your chose.
- Explain the antecedents and consequences (outcomes) of the behavior you chose.