MHE 509 International Emergency Planning and Methodology Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
EMERGENCY PLANNING AND METHODOLOGY: AN INTRODUCTION
For this Case Assignment, you will become familiar with the NRF, especially regarding acts of terrorism. Many people assume that terrorists are persons living overseas who would do harm to those in other countries. There has been a proliferation of terrorists on U.S. soil—known as “homegrown terrorists,” “lone wolf operatives,” and those infiltrating known groups (e.g., animal rights groups, anti-abortionists).
In order to respond to the following questions, review the Background reading:
- United States Government interagency domestic terrorism concept of operations plan (2001). http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/conplan.html
- Review of the Department’s preparation to respond to a WMD incident (2010), U.S. Department of Justice, I-2010-004. http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/plus/e1004.pdf
- National Response Framework, Fourth Edition (2019, October 28). FEMA. Retrieved from https://www.fema.gov/sites/default/files/2020-04/NRF_FINALApproved_2011028.pdf
Respond to the following:
- How is a response to destruction from a terrorist incident different from a response to a natural disaster? Be specific, give examples, and quote from the readings.
- First responders should isolate hazards by establishing control zones. There are three types of control zones. List them and give examples. Cite your sources.