MHE 503 Disasters/hazard and Vulnerability Analysis
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
DISASTERS/HAZARD AND VULNERABILITY ANALYSIS
Project Summary: The Session Long Project will involve developing a disaster management program for a specific country that will include hazard analysis, prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery plans.
Epidemiology of Disasters
Respond to the following:
- Select a country for your Session Long Project. Describe the sectors within your country that would be most vulnerable to your selected disaster. NOTE: Data on your Country’s disasters can be accessed from EM-DAT Disaster Database link in the Background reading.
- Complete a Hazard Analysis Table for your selected country (as described below). From your results, select a high-priority disaster for the remainder of your Session Long Project.
- Column 1—Disaster: List the disasters of the past 30 years in the Hazard Analysis Table. See the EM-DAT country profile
- Column 2—Frequency: Rank the disasters in terms of frequency in the past 30 years (i.e., most frequent to least frequent). Use a numerical scale between 1 and 4, with 1 referring to the most frequent disaster and 4 referring to the least frequent disaster.
- Column 3—Killed: Rank the disasters in terms of average number of deaths per disaster in the past 30 years. Use a scale between 1 and 4, with 1 referring to the highest number of deaths per disaster and 4 referring to the lowest number of deaths per disaster.
- Column 4—Affected: Rank the disasters in terms of average number of people affected per disaster in the past 30 years. Use a scale between 1 and 4, with 1 referring to the highest number affected per disaster and 4 referring to the lowest number affected per disaster.
- Column 5—Cost: Rank the disasters in terms of average cost per disaster in the past 30 years. Use a scale between 1 and 4, with 1 referring to the highest cost per disaster and 4 referring to the lowest cost per disaster.
- Column 6—Advance Warning: Rank the disasters in terms of expected warning time as follows: 1) no warning; 2) from 1 hour to 24 hours’ warning; and, 3) more than 24 hours’ warning.
- Column 7—Priority: As a disaster manager for this country, how would you rank these disasters in terms of priority? Using the information in the table, rank the disasters in terms of priority, with 1 being the highest priority. Provide a brief justification for your priority rating.
Disaster 1 Frequency 2 Magnitude Advance Warning
Killed 3 Affected 4 Cost 5
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: This Case Assignment should be 3–5 pages, not counting the title page and references.
References: At least two references should be included from academic sources (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles). Required readings are included. Quoted material should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is critical thinking). Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. When material is copied verbatim from external sources, it MUST be enclosed in quotes. The references should be cited within the text and listed at the end of the assignment in the References section (preferably in APA format).
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to question.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity.