London Unit 6 Video Games and Moral Panic Essay
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
- To what extent is masculinity reproduced in and through videogames? Examine the consequences of considering videogames as a ‘male domain’.
- With reference to theories of moral panic, critically evaluate the claim that videogames have harmful social consequences.
- Critically evaluate the claim that passion is used to support and justify a culture of overwork in the videogame industry.
- Assess to what extent the rise of the videogame live-streamer can be said to reflect changes in broader patterns of work and leisure in modern societies.
- Critically discuss the idea of the male gaze and assess examples of video games in light of the male gaze theory.
- Choose two video games and explain how orientalist notions of the East are either carried or supplanted in the games you chose to analyse.