Initial Lake Load Response Model Discussion Questions
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Sketch a simple conceptual model of Pine River Pond showing the lake, primary inputs, tributaries and removal mechanisms or storage.
Build the Lake Load Management Model for Phosphorus for Pine River Pond
Use the land allocation from the DES file. You will need to match NLCD land use to categories in the model.
Use the Mean value in the model for coefficients, waterfowl and septic loads
Briefly describe how the model works, and answer the following questions:
- List land uses, and any discrepancies between NLCD and LLRM categories. Why did you select the LLRM category? What would you do if your region had a land use that was not listed in the LLRM template?
- How would it change your results is you use the median, rather than mean?
- Do you think the defaults for septic and waterfowl are reasonable? How could you get more accurate values for these inputs?
- What are the predicted concentrations from the model? How do they compare to the measured concentrations (from homework 6.
- Are there inputs or sources that are missing from the model?