HN 502 Multiculturalism and Diversity in Human Services Case Study
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
For this Assignment, you will explore issues related to bi-cultural children and families. Begin by reading Walter’s Case Study, and consider how you would assist both Walter and his parents.
Please answer the following:
- As a bicultural child, what are some of the challenges and injustices Walter is experiencing and may experience as he transitions into adulthood?
- How can you help both Walter and his parents draw on their individual and cultural strengths to creatively address these life challenges?
- Cross-cultural work with bicultural families should employ strategies that focus on developing positive feelings about membership in both parents’ groups. Discuss how you would teach Walter’s parents to confront devaluing or mixed racial messages, freeing children from racialized loyalty binds, and have open and direct conversations about race.
- Describe the approach you would use in your intervention at all levels of Walter’s system including individual, family, school, community, social support systems, and society.
Case study and book material is attached.
- Diller, J. V. (2018). Cultural Diversity: A Primer for the Human Services. [MBS Direct]. Retrieved from https://mbsdirect.vitalsource.com/#/books/97813376…