Governance Framework of the United States Questions
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
- Explain the importance of the Supreme Court case Marbury v. Madison
- What are counties? Explain their relationship to state governments.
- Given what you know about political parties, are two enough?
- Why is wealth considered a ‘non-suspect’ category with respect to civil rights?
- What does the police power allow a government to do. Provide a relevant example.
- Explain the difference between struggling against de jure and de facto discrimination in the context of MLK and the Civil Rights Movement.
Long Answer Questions – answer only ONE of the following three questions with AT LEAST 750 but no more than 800 words. Your response to one of these questions is worth 50 points.
- Do you think the structures of direct democracy in California are useful tools for citizens to participate in democratic governance? Explain with reference to the current recall election of Governor Gavin Newsom.
- Should the Senate repeal the filibuster? Explain your answer with reference to the textbook, the Dahl reading and the current debate over it.
- Given the growth of government, discuss some of the ways that bureaucrats and experts wield power and influence over presidents and political appointees like the Secretary of State and Secretary of Energy.