Creating Breakdown Structures Research Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Creating Breakdown Structures Research Paper
Creating, Breakdown, Structures, Research, Paper
Overview and Rationale
The work breakdown structure (WBS) is a critical document within the project plan. With its focus on decomposing project scope to the detailed level, the WBS becomes the primary basis for the project schedule, budget, and resource planning. In this assignment, you will create a work breakdown structure for your chosen project.
Program and Course Outcomes
The following course learning objectives are addressed through this assignment:
- Explain the use of the WBS in the project definition / planning process
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of key project stakeholders in defining and developing the WBS
Work Breakdown Structure Essential Components
For this assignment, you will develop a WBS.
- There is no template provided this week for your WBS. Please submit your WBS in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, or pdf format.
- At a minimum, your WBS should:
- Identify ALL work related to your project (your WBS should comply with the 100% rule)
- Contain at least three levels, NOT including the overall project level. So at a minimum, your WBS should look like this:
- OVERALL PROJECT NAME
- 1.0 WBS level 1
- 1.1 WBS level 2
- 1.1.1 WBS level 3
- Contain at least 30-40 lines of detail
- Include a “code of accounts” (numbering scheme) for each WBS line item
- Be deliverables-oriented, meaning it should NOT contain any activities (all WBS items should be nouns, no verbs should be used. See this week’s course materials for clarity about this.)
- Use the adjective / noun format for all deliverables (also see this week’s course materials about this.)
- Since this is not a project scheduling class, you are NOT required to identify:
- Task durations
- An overall project start date, or calendar start and finish dates for each WBS item
- Resources assigned to each WBS item
- Dependencies between each WBS item, or the project’s critical path
Please be sure to review the attached rubric. Along with these assignment instructions, the rubric will ensure you have a solid understanding of the assignment requirements and how the assignment will be graded.
Category Above Standard Meets Standards Approaching Standards Below Standard Not Evident
Goes well above the requirements of the assignment. Provides new information, tools, and/or techniques. Goes above the minimum requirements of the assignment to provide additional insight regarding answers to assignment questions. Meets minimum assignment requirements: WBS contains 30-40 line items of detail, at least 3 levels, and identifies all work associated with the project, within assignment guidelines. Meets some assignment requirements. Does not meet the requirements of the assignment.
Professional insights into depth and breadth of assignment – goes WELL beyond assignment requirements to explore relevant new techniques. Demonstrates comprehensive exploration of issues and ideas before accepting or forming an opinion or conclusion. Demonstrates an exploration of issues and ideas before accepting or forming an opinion or conclusion. Demonstrates exploration of issues and ideas, but shows reluctance to accept or form an opinion or conclusion based on findings. Does not demonstrate exploration of issues and ideas before accepting or forming an opinion or conclusion.
(10%) (includes grammar and clarity)
Goes well beyond assignment requirements to communicate information in a precise, insightful and professional manner. Assignment is well organized, and the format can be followed. It is evident to reader what is contained in each section of the WBS. High quality grammar. Assignment is organized, and the format can be followed. It is evident to reader what is contained in each section of the WBS. High quality grammar. Assignment is well organized, and the format can be followed. It is evident to reader what is contained in each section of the WBS. Good quality grammar. Assignment is not organized. It is not evident to reader what is contained in each section of the WBS. Low quality grammar. Formatting (5%) Virtually no errors in formatting, citations, or references. Rare errors in spelling, typos formatting, citations, or references. Some errors in spelling, typos formatting, citations, or references. Multiple errors in spelling, typos formatting, citations, or references. Does not submit assignment materials in APA 6 or required file format.