COVID-19 Pandemic Service Industry Workers Mistreatment Political Science Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
The COVID-19 pandemic impacted every aspect of our lives. One of the biggest impacts have been the job security and safety of many who are defined as “essential workers.” Despite the hardships and health risks, millions of service industry workers continued to do their jobs during the pandemic. We may call them heroes of 2020, but their gross underpayment and mistreatment in the work environment has called many advocates to end subminimum wage of tipped workers.
Choose one of the two organizations below and write a letter to New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy clearly stating whether you support or oppose the ending of subminimum wage.
- National Restaurant Association
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC United)
The letter should be addressed to New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy and include:
1) a brief introduction of the organization you have chosen
2) how ending subminimum wage would affect your organization
3) reasons for your position and supporting evidence and data
4) any recommendations to improve his plan.