BUS 623 Walmart Hofstede Model and Business Social Responsibility Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Prior to beginning work on this discussion Part 1,
- Read Chapter 17 Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
- Review the Intro and Company Profile sections in the Walmart Case Study (Links to an external site.)interactive.
Throughout your MBA program you will continue to cover various subjects as they relate to business. In the BUS621: Leadership and Teamwork course you created and built your own Walmart in a new global location. In your BUS622: Global Marketing course you created a global marketing plan that is strategically competitive and socially responsible. For this course, based on the location you have chosen to build your own Walmart, explain and support what dimension of the Hofstede model (see page 435 of our textbook for a list and description of the dimensions) your country most likely falls under. Next, explain how understanding the dimension and cultural sensitivity would impact human capital talent management practices as you expand into your chosen country. Be sure to be factual and to fully support your answer.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion Part 2,
- Read Chapter 18 Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
- View the video The Social Responsibility of Business | Alex Edmans | TEDxLondonBusinessSchool (Links to an external site.)
In the video, Alex Edmans asks “Why do businesses exist, to earn profit (shareholders) or to serve a purpose to society (customer, employee, and environment).” Address the following:
- Explain what answer he came to and why.
- Next, discuss the approach human resource management should take toward organizational social responsibility.
- Finally, cite one real-life example of a company implementing social responsibility that is not mentioned in the video or the course textbook. Be sure to be factual and to fully support your answer.