Global Marketing Strategy Essay Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Global Marketing Strategy Essay Paper
The GM Micro-Challenges are intended to help you appreciate the resources available and challenges associated with international trade. For these assignments, you assume the role of an assistant international trade specialist for an organization that provides export research and assistance to companies.
In this capacity, you will engage in research and evaluation related to the specific country (YOUR COUNTRY) and US state (YOUR STATE) which you have been assigned to you for the course. The GM Micro-Challenges involve your responding to memos from your manager. Your responses will require the collection, analysis, and concise provision of the information requested of you in a business memo format. The rubric for this assignment is provided below.
YOUR COUNTRY/YOUR STATE
The list with the country (YOUR COUNTRY) and US state (YOUR STATE) which you have been assigned for the course is in Module 1.
M5 – GM Micro-Challenge:
Your manager’s memo to you is below. In it your manager is giving you tasks to perform with regard international trade. You are not expected to already know the answers, just be able to find and use the resources available to develop an accurate response.
Your response should use a standard business memo format with the proper headings. An example Micro-Challenge memo is provided HERE.
To start, your memo should state its overall purpose, to remind the manager what s/he requested you to do. Next, thoroughly respond to each task you are assigned. For each, briefly restate the task. Then provide a thorough and accurate written response that summarizes the source information you found.
Your written response should be supported with (1) images that shows the specific source information you used, and (2) a weblink to each source in case your manager wants to review that information further. Number your responses and respond to the tasks in sequence. Finally, you may choose to provide a conclusion to your memo.
Details on how to insert an image into your micro-challenge using the screenshot or screen clipping tools can be found HERE.
Some additional info regarding supporting images:
- Supporting images do not replace your written response, they only show the source information used.
- Supporting images should be visible, not be provided as files. Screen clip them and paste them into your memo.
- Images should be readable – stretch them to make them large enough to be legible in the memo.
From: Your Manager
Date: June 26, 2022
A company in YOUR STATE wants to export caviar to YOUR COUNTRY for human consumption. They have contacted your organization for export assistance.
The caviar is inspected, pasteurized, and packaged in a vacuum-sealed container for retail sale all in YOUR STATE. Each package of 2 ozs. costs $7.00.
The firm needs the information below to help them evaluate the requirements involved in exporting this product to YOUR COUNTRY.
In terms of the US’ HS Code for a product of this type, it would be best fit the description of caviar which are in “Chapter 16 – Preparations of Meat, of Fish or of Crustaceans; Molluscs or Other Aquatic Invertebrates.” Its Schedule B Number is 1604.31.0000.
- Presume it is an eligible product for import into YOUR COUNTRY. Determine the import tariffs and value-added taxes imposed by YOUR COUNTRY for an imported product of this type.
- Determine the documentation requirements for packaged food products that the firm should check upon.
- For packaged food products for retail sale in YOUR COUNTRY, knowing any requirements ahead of time would be critical. This is a pasteurized, shelf-stable product. Discuss YOUR COUNTRY’s packaging requirements with regard to the following:
- Type of product packaging
- Labeling (especially nutritional labeling)
- Language(s) required
- Determine the government agency in YOUR COUNTRY that would provide any approval/certification for packaged food products. Include the contact information for this agency and any relevant personnel, if specific ones can be identified.