BCO226 Sales and Purchasing Management Essay
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
BCO226 Sales and Purchasing Management Essay
BCO226, Sales, Purchasing, Management, Essay
Individual task. Choose a question from each section to answer and choose a company which will inspire answers in a B2B context; 3 questions in all,
each equally weighted
- For the document: Word count 800 – 1.000 words per question. The 3 questions: 2.400-3.000 words
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography has to be in Harvard’s citation style.
Assignment Launch: Week 10.
Submission: Via Moodle (Turnitin). Submissions will be accepted in Week 14: May 13th by 23:59hrs (Barcelona time).
Weight: This task is a 35% of your total grade for this subject. Each Question is equally weighted.
Choose a question from each section to answer; 3 questions in all, each equally weighted. Ensure your answers have a B2B focus
You must also support each of your answers with a company of your choice. You may choose different companies for each question.
Ensure you indicate which section and question you are addressing (For example S1, Q3; S2, Q5; S3, Q1)
Sections and options
Section 1 The Strategic Role of Sales Management
- Explain the need for research in the selling-purchasing framework
- Explain how the correct sales organization can enable the selling-purchasing process
- Explain why sales analysis is an important component of a successful sales strategy
- Explain the importance of accurate sales forecasting to an organization
- How is Sales Forecasting connected to the rest of the business and what are the implications for the sale teams.
- Explain how the process of selling (specific Sales Cycle steps) is related to the type of industry and product being sold.
Section 2 Sales Organization and Sales Deployment
- There are different options for sales force organization. Explain the options, highlighting benefits and drawbacks
- When would an organization need to consider developing key account managers? Explain how they could do this.
- Sales force organization affects decisions concerning centralization versus decentralization, management span, departmentalization. Explain how
this is, or should be, driven by organizational and marketing strategy
- Not all selling situations would call for the same sales force organization within the sales department. Explain this
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Inside Sales versus Outside Sales and the influence of the type of product being sold. 12. Discuss the benefits and disadvantages of using a 3rd party to sell your product versus a company’s own sales force
Section 3 Salespeople Management: directing sales force operations
- Explain the importance of recruitment and selection in the sales department
- Explain why sales training is an important aspect of strategic sales management
- How does sales leadership impact effective sales organization?
- Explain how sales force compensation needs to be aligned to sales/marketing/organizational objectives
- “Sales is all about effort.” Discuss this statement and the factors which might influence the implication of this for the direction and management of
the sales teams.
- Describe and discuss the relevant metrics that a senior manager would be interested in in terms of sales force efficiency with respect to Total Quality
Management in sales.
90-100 Good 80-89
Marginal fail 60-69
Student demonstrates excellent understanding of key concepts around the sales and the company.
Student demonstrates very good understanding of the key concepts around sales and the company.
Student understands the task with some good understanding around sales and the company.
Student understands the task and attempts to answer the question but does not mention, some of the key
concepts around sales and the company.
Student can apply theoretical models and frameworks and provides excellent supporting sales example(s) around the company
Student can apply theoretical models and frameworks in an appropriate manner and provides very good relevant supporting sales example(s) around the company
Student can apply theoretical models and frameworks and provides good relevant sales example(s) around the company
Student applies adequate theoretical models and frameworks but there are some flaws in the sales example(s) around the company
Student compiles relevant information to produce a coherent response with well- reasoned conclusions around the sales of the company.
Student compiles mostly relevant information to produce a largely coherent response with good reasoned conclusions around the sales of the company.
Student attempts to compile mostly relevant information to produce a response that is linked to fairly coherent conclusions around the sales of the company.
Student compiles some information that is not wholly relevant. Conclusions may not be linked to response and have some weaknesses around the sales of the company.
Student communicates their ideas extremely clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck.
Student communicates their ideas clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck.
Student communicates their ideas with some clarity and concision. It may be slightly over or under the wordcount limit. Some misspelling errors may be evident.
Student communicates their ideas in a somewhat unclear and unconcise way. Does not reach or does exceed wordcount excessively and misspelling errors are evident.