Marketing Efforts your Brand Research Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Marketing Efforts your Brand Research Paper
Marketing, Efforts, Brand, Research, Paper
See example in book on page 59 under Appendix 2A .
The team project, worth 25%, will begin mid-semester after you have completed the individual branding assignment. I will assign teams of 4 or 5 students; your team will choose a brand from the assignment list and research the current competitive situation and marketing efforts of your brand.
Based on what you have learned, the team will then expand the product or service to a new market segment, or create a new variation of the product or service to develop objectives and a new marketing mix. The plan must be written sequentially so that the marketing mix fits the objectives and situation.
One member will submit the group paper (in its entirety) with all names alphabetically. If any team member fails to participate in the project, it should be noted on the cover page and they will receive a zero on the project. 10% of the team project grade will be the Team Member Evaluation of each member in the group including the member themselves.
They will be averaged to determine each member’s evaluation of their group. Anyone failing to complete the evaluation will receive a zero for the evaluation.
Assessment Method: Papers will be graded on the comprehensiveness of the assignment (i.e. covering every element in the assignment), quality of research (using appropriate sources, objective sources), thoroughness of research (quantity of sources), quality of writing, incorporation of marketing terms and concepts in the paper, and originality of your recommendation. See the rubric at the end of the syllabus for specific grading criteria. SLO 3 and SLO 4
Team Marketing Plan Assignment – Due ______End of Week 15
Choose a brand from the list below or select one of your own choice to research and develop a marketing plan. You should be able to find information from business media, such as The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Fortune, Advertising Age, or Forbes. Start with the recommended publications above.
Other information may be obtained from the company’s website, and from the business section of daily newspapers. You may also look for the product in stores, or visit the business for additional information.
This is particularly helpful for understanding the competition, the pricing, and distribution strategies. Use multiple sources because some may be biased (for example, the company website probably avoids any negative information about the brand).
I expect a minimum of twelve current articles (2012 – present), not including the company website, as background for your paper. If you are not sure about the meaning of the terms in the outline below, consult your textbook to make sure you understand what you are saying about the brand.
Although many students start their searches with Wikipedia for background information, Wikipedia is NEVER appropriate as a citation in college level work.
The major part of the assignment will focus on what the company is or has been doing. Part four concludes with your recommendations to change something about the way the product should be marketed.
The actual paper should be written in paragraphs, ie, not simply an outline with bullets. Go to http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ if you need writing help, especially for an explanation of how to cite your sources using APA format. The paper should cover:
- Situation Analysis
- What is the company’s mission and overall business objectives?
- What resources does the company have that make them unique?
iii. How is the marketing function organized (centralized? By brand or category? By market?)
- External Environment
- What is the overall domestic and global market for the product? What is the approximate market share?
- Who are the competitors? What are their marketing strategies?
iii. How does the economic environment affect demand for the product?
- What is happening in the social and cultural environment that affects the product?
- What is happening in the legal and regulatory environment?
- How does the technological environment affect the business?
- SWOT Analysis
- Based on our understanding of the internal and external environments, what are the key opportunities and threats for the marketing of the brand?
- Target Market
- Describe the current target market(s) for the product. What segmentation variables are used to divide the market?
- What type of targeting strategy is used? (undifferentiated, concentrated, differentiated)
- Research additional information about this (these) target markets that would be helpful in improving the marketing mix. A business librarian may be useful in finding appropriate sources of information.
III. Current Marketing Mix
- Pricing strategy
- Place or distribution
- Promotional campaign
- New Directions: Based on the information you about the current marketing plan for your brand, identify a major problem or opportunity (for your company or brand) that you want to address with changes, including:
- Marketing Objectives (list 3 or 4 outcomes that can be achieved by altering a target market, introducing a new product, or substantially changing elements of the marketing mix to address the problem or opportunity.
- Marketing Strategies
- Any changes in the consumer or business target markets
- Any target market segments that will remain the same
- Marketing Mix
- Positioning the product and product strategies. Include packaging, branding, and introduction of any new product lines
- Pricing strategies (using terminology from the text)
- Promotion strategies (current and new recommendations) – (again, using terminology from the text)
- Distribution strategies (current and new recommendations)
- Implementation Strategies
- Monitoring and Control Strategies
Brands(DONOT USE Topic) Dr. Pepper soft drinks Fage Greek Yogurt Iams Pet Food products Microsoft XBox One Nissan Leaf electric cars Nook Tablet
Only one plan should be submitted per group. When the paper is submitted there will be a turnitin score given automatically. You may submit as many times as needed before the deadline. I will only grade the last submission. Papers with more than 20% duplication may not be accepted, so plan on editing your paper after you get initial feedback from the Turnitin.com report.
All references must be cited, using the APA format.
Please make sure all names are on the first page, in alphabetical order. Then submit the assignment in the Dropbox for Group Assignment